This document complies with the requirements of the Information Commissioner’s Model Publication Scheme for Zack Eye Clinic Ltd. and in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and fulfills the obligations on opticians’ practices under the Act.
This is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Zack Eye Clinic Ltd. It is a description of the information about our NHS services that we make publicly available. It will be reviewed at regular intervals.
How is the information made available?
The information within each Class is available in hard copy from:
30c Warren Street, London W1T 5NF
This guide information
We will publish any changes we make to this guide or relevant information. We will also publish any proposed changes or additions to publications already available.
Cost of Information
For the most part, we will only charge for hard copies, or copies onto media. Charges are as follows and will be reviewed regularly.
- Accessed from our website – free of charge
- Single hard copies – £10.00
- As the Freedom of Information Act applies to the provision of information, a request for multiple hard copies does not fall within the provisions of the Act and will attract a charge for retrieval, photocopying and postage. We will inform you of the cost of these charges.
- E-mail will be free of charge.
Your Rights to Information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 is designed to promote openness and accountability amongst all organisations that receive public money.
- Like all NHS contractors, since 1 January 2005 there has been a FOI obligation on optical practices to respond to requests about the NHS related information that they hold, and a right of access to that information has been established in law.
- These rights are subject to exemptions (see below) that have to be taken into consideration before releasing information.
- In addition to accessing the information identified in this guide, you are entitled to request information about our NHS services under the NHS Openness Code 1995.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact any practice where your records are held to do this.
If you have any comments about the operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the scheme, please write to:
Zacks Eye Clinic
30c Warren Street, London W1T 5NF
Classes of Information
All NHS information at Zack Eye Clinic Ltd. is held, retained and destroyed within NHS guidelines. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information that can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000, the main reasons being the protection of commercial interests and personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This scheme has been written in accordance with those exemptions. The information on this Scheme is grouped into the following categories:
- Who we are and what we do
- Zack’s Eye Clinic are independent Optometrists, Contact Lens Practitioners and Dispensing Opticians in the Fitzrovia district of London.
- Address: 30C Warren Street, London W1t 5NF Contact phone number: 020 7713 7713
- Details of the opticians and optometrists employed in our practice can be obtained by contacting that practice directly or by looking on our website at www.zackseyes.co.uk
- Alternatively, details of all opticians and optometrists registered in the UK are available from the General Optical Council. Tel: 0207 580 3898.
- Company Registration number: 06039870
- Financial and funding information: what we spend and how we spend it
The practice receives a set fee for NHS sight tests and optical vouchers, these fees are fixed nationally.
- Our Priorities
To provide our patients with high quality eye care.
- Decision Making
Any decisions made about the provision of NHS-funded services will be reflected in the services we provide and in the contract held with the NHS England and Camden CCG.
- Our policies and procedures
- Data protection
- Health and safety
They are available on request from the practice at 30c Warren Street, London W1T 5NF
If you have a complaint about any of our products or services, please do discuss any problems with the manager at the Zack Eye Clinic Ltd. concerned in the first instance. We find that most issues can be put right at this stage.
If the matter cannot be resolved in this way or you are unsatisfied with the response you receive please contact Customer Services/us on 020 7713 7713. A full copy of our complaints policy is available on request or on our website: www.zackseyes.co.uk and can be found in Class 6.
- Lists and Registers
We don’t keep lists and registers. Our patient records are confidential.
- The Services We Offer
All Zack Eye Clinic Ltd. practice(s) provide NHS-funded sight tests for those who are eligible. Patients may also be entitled to NHS vouchers that can be used against the purchase of spectacles or contact lenses as required. To find out if you are eligible for this assistance please follow this link
The practice also provides the following NHS-funded enhanced services Camden CCG
Appointments for sight tests can be booked over the phone on: 020 7713 7713, through our website: www.zackseyes.co.uk or by dropping into the practice.
Opening times are Mon 9-6, Tue 9-8, Wed 9-6, Thu 9-8, Fri 9-6, Sat 11-5 but can vary, so please call to confirm.
Regular publications and information for the public
Some of this information is also available in patient leaflets. These are freely available from our practice. To request a set of leaflets by post, please write to:
Zacks Eye Clinic, 30c Warren Street,London W1T 5NF
- Information Commissioner
- Ministry of Justice
- NHS Openness Code
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
Material available through this publication scheme is copyright unless otherwise indicated.
For HMSO Guidance notes on FOI publication schemes see www.hmso.gov.uk/guides.htm.
03 May 2018